CALL TO ARTISTS
Exhibition Dates: September 1-October 21, 2023
Calling all Artists, Spirits, Spooks + Other-Worldy Beings for a fine craft foray into the nether-realm of: Ghost Stories. Seeking multi-media artworks that tell a tale of spirits–real or imagined. Accepted media include: ceramics, fiber, glass, jewelry, mixed media, printmaking, sculpture, and wood. Programming will include an Ekphrastic interpretation of works in the exhibit, a ghostly scavenger hunt for younger gallery visitors, and a mini-tombstone rubbing station.
This call to artists is open to artists in the United States.
How to submit
1. Artists are invited to submit recent work since 2020.
2. Download the application online HERE
Email your images and application to: [email protected]
3. Jurying process: A jury panel will use your digital images to select entries based on originality, creativity, quality and complexity of workmanship, artistry and impact as represented in the images submitted. Cash awards.
Important Dates And Information
Submission period opens: April 13, 2023
Submission deadline (Early): July 23, 2023
EARLY entry fees:
Florida CraftArt member: $25 for up to 5 works
Nonmember: $35 for up to 5 works
College Students and Artists in Residence fees: $15
Submission deadline (Late): August 13, 2023
LATE entry fees:
Florida CraftArt member: $35 for up to 5 works
Nonmember: $45 for up to 5 works
College Students and Artists in Residence fees: $25
Notification of acceptance via email: August 18, 2023
Selected artwork due at Florida CraftArt: August 20-23 by appointment with Julia Collver, Gallery Manager
Zoom opening/award announcements: September 8, 2023
Final Day and People’s Choice Award: October 21, 2023
Post-show Art Pick-up: Sunday, October 22, 12:15-4 p.m. or Monday, October 23,10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. by appointment.
For general exhibition information or questions related to the call to artists, contact: Florida CraftArt Gallery Manager Julia Collver at (727) 821-7391 or email [email protected].
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
Do you know someone or a business that would like to sponsor this exhibition?
Please call Katie Deits at 727-821-7391 or email [email protected].
This exhibition is possible with grants and sponsorship from:
1. Up to 5 pieces completed after January 2020 may be submitted.
2. All formats of fine craft art will be considered, including wall-hung, free-standing, suspended or pedestal mounted and art to wear.
3. All work must be original in concept, design and execution. Small production studio work will be considered. Work created in a class, workshop, or from a kit or purchased pattern is not eligible. NOTE TO RETAIL FCA ARTISTS: Please do not submit artworks currently on display in FCA Florida Artists Retail Gallery.
4. Work must be for sale.
5. No substitutions for accepted artwork will be allowed. All work must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibit August 26, 2023.
Instructions and Entry Forms
PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE INSTRUCTIONS ON IMAGE LABELING, ATTACHING THE IMAGES, ETC.