CraftArt Festival Emerging Artist Program
Emerging Artist Applications are closed for 2021
Artists who have never had a major show or participated in an outdoor festival can apply to participate in the event as an Emerging Artist. They receive the following benefits:
Participating emerging artists will receive:
• Business mentoring with renowned glass artist and gallery owner Duncan McClellan
• 10’ x 10’ booth space, tent, table, and chairs, ($450 value)
• $15 per day for lunch, ($30 value)
• 1 session to photograph their work and headshot
The CraftArt Festival juror will judge and best Emerging Artist Ribbon Award will be presented.
The Emerging Artists selection criteria, the artist:
1. has not participated in an outdoor art festival
2. is at the beginning of his or her professional artist career*
3. has not had a solo art show (other than college or university show)
4. Is a Florida resident (minimum six months of the year)
*Remember – not all emerging artists are under the age of 30.
Artists must submit three images and have the ability to produce a significant body of work to display at the CraftArt Festival. Artists’ work will be juried to ensure the quality of the show. All fine craft mediums are eligible: ceramics, fiber, glass, jewelry, metal, mixed media, sculpture, and wood.
Additional information about the CraftArt Festival is available by calling Janie Lorenz (727) 821-7391