Job Description and Requirements
Email cover letter and resume to: [email protected] Please no phone calls.
This full-time position assists in the overall operations of Florida CraftArt Gallery. Florida CraftArt is a nonprofit organization located in downtown St. Petersburg which represents the fine craft artists of Florida and engages the community with educational programming. The Gallery Assistant is responsible for assisting in all gallery and exhibition operations.
The Gallery Assistant furthers the advancement of fine craft artists by volunteer coordinating, assisting in installation and deinstallation of exhibitions, facilitating sales of gallery artwork to customers and general upkeep of the gallery and various social media presences.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages volunteer program.
- Schedule, secure and train new volunteers
- Communicate all new information to volunteers and ensure compliance.
- Works with Gallery Manager to merchandise store.
- Inventory Management
- Assist in the intake and input of new merchandise into the system.
- Return dated merchandise under the direction of the Gallery Manager
- Maintain gallery artist list on website.
- Oversee the upkeep of transferring emails from the guest log to Past Perfect.
- Sales associate on the floor including special events and Second Saturday ArtWalks
- Gather information for Artists’ Stories, format, and print cards.
- Merchandise committee
- Participate in all merchandise committee meetings.
- Completion of any actionable items assigned to the position.
- Gallery Jury Committee
- Entering all information into the POS System
- Assist in exhibit installation and take down.
- Post regularly on social media outlets
Education and Experience:
1. Strong customer service orientation
2. Possession of pleasant and collaborative style in the workplace, including professional attitude, attention to detail, dependability, and initiative
3. Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills required to create social media ads, conduct docent tours, and work with volunteers.
4. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and knowledge of Excel, databases, and social media sites
5. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
6. Ability to stand for 8-hour shifts
7. Additional tasks as assigned by the Gallery Manager and Chief Executive Officer
Download the job description and requirements