Record-breaking crowds flock to the 20th Annual CraftArt Festival
Thousands of people came to see the nation’s top contemporary craft artists from 19 states to displaying and selling their creations at Florida CraftArt’s 20th Annual CraftArt Festival. The two-day festival, presented by RE/MAX METRO, was held on November 18 and 19, at Central Avenue and 5th Street in downtown St. Petersburg.
The juried fine craft art festival features nationally established and emerging fine craft artists with handmade works in clay, fiber, glass, jewelry, metal, paper and mixed media. Visitors enjoyed artist demonstrations, food trucks, craft beers and wine, and a kids’ art activity tent sponsored by The Don Cesar.
The prestigious judge for the CraftArt Festival 2017 was Perry Price, the executive director of the Houston Museum of Contemporary Craft, who presented $11,000 in cash awards.
View the Winners of CraftArt Festival 2017
From ceramic artists throwing on the wheel to glass blowing to wood turning, the festival is an exciting event that educates and entertains, in addition to giving people the chance to purchase handmade fine crafts, from bona fide artisans, to adorn their homes or give as gifts. The annual CraftArt Festival not only provides a venue for artists to sell their work, it also supports Florida CraftArt which is an integral part of the rich tapestry of the arts and culture scene in downtown St. Petersburg.
CraftArt 2017 in pictures
Juror will award $10,000 in prize money. View the Winners here
ELIGIBILITY: The CraftArt Festival 2017 features over 100 juried fine craft artists. ‘Fine craft art’ is defined as quality original artwork created by the artist in the mediums of clay, fiber, glass, metal, jewelry, mixed media and wood. Paintings, drawings, photography and/or commercially-made works are not eligible.
JUROR: Perry Price, Executive Director, Houston Center for Contemporary Craft.
AWARDS: $10,000 in awards will be selected by the juror and awarded based on the quality of the artist’s body of work regardless of media. Pledged Collector’s Choice Purchase Awards will be distributed during the CraftArt Festival 2017. Final decisions concerning awards are at the sole discretion of the juror:
• One (1) $3,000 Best of Show
• Four (4) $1,000 Awards of Excellence
• Six (6) $500 Awards of Merit.
2016 Award winners: Note: 2016 award winners are exempt from jurying, but MUST submit an application
Click Here for Sponsorship Opportunities
- Produced by Florida CraftArt, the CraftArt Festival is a two-day contemporary craft festival featuring the best jewelry, clay, glass, paper, wood, metal, fiber and mixed-media artists in the country.
- The festival gives artists the opportunity to show and sell their work with no commission given to Florida CraftArt.
- Sponsorships benefit Florida CraftArt and fund its mission, educational programs, exhibitions and outreach.
- Location: the crossroads of Central Ave. and 5th St. in St. Petersburg, Florida covering several city blocks in the heart of downtown.
- Dates: The weekend before Thanksgiving
Saturday, November 18, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and
Sunday, November 19, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- $10,000 in awards, plus Collectors’ Circle Purchase Awards
- Number of Artists: 110+ nationally known artists, plus emerging artists
- Audience: 10,000+ local residents and tourists