Curated by Cindy Bartosek
March 13 – May 2, 2020
A juried exhibition with cash prizes showcasing original artwork representing contemporary approaches to fiber art, pushing the boundaries and/or traditions in media and execution.
Artists working in all creative disciplines are incorporating fiber into their work, stretching the boundaries of traditional fiber materials and methods, exploring unique and powerful ways to create exciting work that investigates contemporary themes, materials and forms.
Featuring work by artists from around Florida, this exhibition will highlight the current trends and innovations in this highly versatile and constantly evolving medium.
Florida CraftArt invites emerging, mid-career, and established artists to submit recent original work in the following categories:
• Wearable Art: body adornments, including clothing, accessories and jewelry
• Wall Works: work intended for wall display
• Free-standing Works: work intended for floor or pedestal display including sculptural and vessel forms and handmade books
• Mixed Media: work that incorporates non-fiber elements; core composition must be fiber-based materials and/ or traditional fiber/textile construction techniques
A jury panel will select entries based on originality and creativity, the quality and complexity of the workmanship, and artistry and impact of the work as represented in the images submitted. Cash prizes will be awarded.
• Artists must be 18 years of age or older and reside in Florida.
• Entries must be original work completed after April 1, 2017. Pieces that have been on prior exhibit at Florida CraftArt are not eligible.
• All work must be either predominantly fiber in content or executed in traditional fiber techniques.
• Work must be original in concept, design and execution. Work created as part of a class or workshop or from a kit is not eligible.
• Each artist may submit up to five artworks in any combination of categories.
• Collaborative works will be accepted and considered as one entry. Artists submitting both collaborative and individual works must apply separately.
Email your images and application to: Exhibition@FloridaCraftArt.org
Non-refundable entry fees are:
EARLY entry dates: October 1, 2019 – November 30, 2019
Florida CraftArt members: $25 for up to 5 works
Nonmembers: $40 for up to 5 works
LATE entry dates: December 1, 2019 – January 15, 2020
Florida CraftArt members: $35 for up to 5 works
Nonmembers: $50 for up to 5 works
October 1, 2019 – January 15, 2020
Selected work due at Florida Craft Art: March 3 – 7, 2020
Opening Reception: March 13, 2020, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Closing Reception: May 2, 2020, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Art Pick-up: May 3-4, 2020