July 10 – August 22, 202
Artists express ideas about the environment, the impending effects of climate change, and human being’s relationship with the natural world. Visitors will be challenged to contemplate their connection to the earth through their actions.
Using fine craft techniques* artists express ideas about the environment, the impending effects of climate change, and human relationships with the natural world. Through the art, visitors will be challenged to contemplate their connection to the earth through their actions and, hopefully, be inspired to strive for a more sustainable world.
Educational programming will accompany the exhibit.
(*Ceramics, fiber, glass, jewelry, metal, mixed-media, sculpture, and wood.)
1. Artists are invited to submit up to five recent works related to the environmental theme. See other side for specifics.
3. Jurying process: The curator and a jury panel will use your digital images to select entries based on originality, creativity, quality and complexity of workmanship, artistry and impact as represented in the images submitted.
• Entries must be original work completed after January 1, 2017. Pieces that have been on prior exhibit at Florida CraftArt are not eligible.
• All formats of fine craft art will be considered, including wall-hung, free-standing, suspended or pedestal mounted and art to wear.
• Work must be original in concept, design and execution. Work created as part of a class or workshop or from a kit is not eligible.
• Each artist may submit up to five artworks.
• No substitutions for accepted artwork will be allowed. All work must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibit August 22, 2020.
Email your images and application to: [email protected]
Submission period opens: January 29, 2020
Submission deadline (Early): April 27, 2020
Submission deadline (Late): May 12, 2020
EARLY entry fees
Florida CraftArt members: $25 for up to 5 works
Nonmembers: $40 for up to 5 works
LATE entry fees
Florida CraftArt members: $35 for up to 5 works
Nonmembers: $50 for up to 5 works
January 29, 2020 – May 12, 2020
Notification of acceptance via email: Week of May 17, 2020
Selected work due at Florida Craft Art: June 12-16, 2020
Opening Reception: June 26, 2020, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Closing Reception: August 22, 2020, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Art Pick-up: August 23 and 24, 2020For general exhibition information or questions related to the call to artists, contact Florida CraftArt Gallery manager Liz Rogers at (727) 821-7391 or email [email protected].Download InstructionsDownload Entry Form