August 27-October 23, 2021
Florida CraftArt presents the “Environmentally Engaged” exhibition and programming where artists express ideas about the environment, the impending effects of climate change, and human being’s relationship with the natural world. Visitors will be challenged to contemplate their connection to the earth through their actions.
Kenny Jensen will present a talk about his environmentally-themed practice called “We ARE Nature.”
Using fine craft techniques* artists express ideas about the environment, the impending effects of climate change, and human relationships with the natural world. Through the art, visitors will be challenged to contemplate their connection to the earth through their actions and, hopefully, be inspired to strive for a more sustainable world.
Educational programming will accompany the exhibit.
(*Ceramics, fiber, glass, jewelry, metal, mixed-media, sculpture, and wood.)
1. Artists are invited to submit up to five recent works related to the environmental theme. Seethe other side for specifics.
3. Jurying process: The curator and a jury panel will use your digital images to select entries based on originality, creativity, quality and complexity of workmanship, artistry, and impact as represented in the images submitted.
• Entries must be original work completed after January 1, 2017. Pieces that have been on prior exhibit at Florida CraftArt are not eligible.
• All formats of fine craft art will be considered, including wall-hung, free-standing, suspended or pedestal mounted and art to wear.
• Work must be original in concept, design and execution. Work created as part of a class or workshop or from a kit is not eligible.
• Each artist may submit up to five artworks.
• No substitutions for accepted artwork will be allowed. All work must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibit August 22, 2020.
Email your images and application to: [email protected]
Submission period opens: January 29, 2020
Submission deadline (Early): June 28, 2021
Submission deadline (Late): July 13, 2021
EARLY entry fees
Florida CraftArt members: $25 for up to 5 works
Nonmembers: $40 for up to 5 works
LATE entry fees
Florida CraftArt members: $35 for up to 5 works
Nonmembers: $50 for up to 5 works
January 29, 2020 – July 13, 2021
Notification of acceptance via email: Week of July 18, 2021
Selected work due at Florida Craft Art: August 13 – 17, 2021
Opening Reception: August 27, 2021, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Closing Reception: October 23, 2021, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Art Pick-up: October 24-25, 2021For general exhibition information or questions related to the call to artists, contact Florida CraftArt Gallery manager Liz Rogers at (727) 821-7391 or email [email protected].Download InstructionsDownload Entry FormPay Online