September 10-October 23, 2021
Florida CraftArt presents the “Environmentally Engaged” exhibition and programming where artists express ideas about the environment, the impending effects of climate change, and human being’s relationship with the natural world. Visitors will be challenged to contemplate their connection to the earth through their actions.
Kenny Jensen will present a talk about his environmentally-themed practice called “We ARE Nature.”
Using fine craft techniques* artists express ideas about the environment, the impending effects of climate change, and human relationships with the natural world. Through the art, visitors will be challenged to contemplate their connection to the earth through their actions and, hopefully, be inspired to strive for a more sustainable world.
Educational programming will accompany the exhibit.
(*Ceramics, fiber, glass, jewelry, metal, mixed-media, sculpture, and wood.)
1. Artists are invited to submit up to five recent works related to the environmental theme. See the other side for specifics.
3. Jurying process: A jury panel will use your digital images to select entries based on originality, creativity, quality, and complexity of workmanship, artistry, and impact as represented in the images submitted.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
Please contact Katie Deits for sponsorship information at (727) 821-7391 or email [email protected].
This exhibition is made possible in part with grants from Kathryn Howd and Edward Rucks and
• Entries must be original work completed after January 1, 2017. Pieces that have been on prior exhibit at Florida CraftArt are not eligible.
• All formats of fine craft art will be considered, including wall-hung, free-standing, suspended or pedestal mounted, and art to wear.
• Work must be original in concept, design, and execution. Work created as part of a class or workshop or from a kit is not eligible.
• Each artist may submit up to five artworks.
• No substitutions for accepted artwork will be allowed. All work must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibit on October 23, 2021.
Email your images and application to [email protected]
Submission deadline (Early): July 25, 2021
Submission deadline (Late): August 22, 2021
EARLY entry fees are:
Florida CraftArt members: $20 for up to 5 works
Nonmember: $30 for up to 5 works
LATE entry fees are:
Florida CraftArt members: $30 for up to 5 works
Nonmember: $40 for up to 5 works
College Students and Artists in Residence fees: $15
Notification of acceptance via email: Week of August 22
Selected artwork due at Florida CraftArt:
August 30-September 3
Opening reception and award announcements:
September 10, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Closing reception and People’s Choice Award:
October 23, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Art Pick-up: October 24-25