Exhibition Dates: May 14-June 26, 2021
Fine Craft artists are invited to submit bowls to celebrate the fullness of life: Bowls, tiny bowls, tall bowls, short bowls, wild bowls and calm bowls, yarn bowls and wishing bowls; basket bowls, ceramic bowls, fiber bowls, glass bowls, jewelry bowls, mixed media bowls, metal bowls, wooden bowls.
Bowl us over with your bowls!
The exhibition will include wheel-throwing of bowls demonstrations, as well as workshops.
Open to artists 18 years or older. Email your images and application to: [email protected]
How to submit
1. Artists are invited to submit recent work.
2. Download the application here.
PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE INSTRUCTIONS ON IMAGE LABELING, ATTACHING THE IMAGES, ETC.
3. Jurying process: A jury panel will use your digital images to select entries based on originality, creativity, quality and complexity of workmanship, artistry and impact as represented in the images submitted. Cash awards.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
This exhibition is made possible in part with grants from:
Tyler Jones, Premier Sotheby’s International Realty
Perry and Lisa Everett
1. Up to 5 pieces completed after January 2018 may be submitted.
2. All formats of fine craft art will be considered, including wall-hung, free-standing, suspended or pedestal mounted and art to wear.
3. All work must be original in concept, design and execution. Small production studio work will be considered. Work created in a class, workshop, or from a kit or purchased pattern is not eligible.
4. Work must be for sale.
5. No substitutions for accepted artwork will be allowed. All work must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibit June 26, 2021.
Important Dates And Information
Submission period opens: December 15 2020
Submission deadline (Early): March 16, 2021
EARLY entry fees are:
Florida CraftArt members: $25 for up to 5 works
Submission deadline (Late): March 29, 2021
LATE entry fees are:
Florida CraftArt members: $35 for up to 5 works
Notification of acceptance via email: Week of March 31
Selected artwork due at Florida CraftArt: May 5-7 by appointment with Liz Cooper
Opening reception and award announcements: May 14, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Closing reception and People’s Choice Award: June 26, 4-5:30 p.m.
Art Pick-up: June 27-28
Make an appointment with Liz Cooper.