CALL TO ARTISTS
Exhibition Dates: May 5-June 24, 2023
“The Alchemy of Art” is curated by Mary Childs and Elizabeth Brincklow
Art is science not only through its medium and technical aspects, but also in the biochemical reactions that it elicits from people who interact with it physiologically, neurologically and psychologically. This fine craft exhibition is the “whole piece;” it encompasses the creator, the fabrication, the object and the viewer. It will move the fine craft conversation forward by sparking questions, insights and wonder about who we are, what we are, and how we inhabit our world.
(*Fine craft techniques are ceramics, fiber, glass, jewelry, metal, mixed-media, sculpture, and wood.)
Artists and artist teams living and working in the United States are invited to submit up to five recent works related to the theme.
How to submit
1. Up to five pieces, using fine craft techniques, completed after January 1, 2018 may be submitted.
2. Download the application online HERE
Email your images and application to: [email protected]
3. Jurying process: A jury panel will use your digital images to select entries based on originality, creativity, quality and complexity of workmanship, artistry and impact as represented in the images submitted. Cash awards.
Important Dates And Information
Submission deadline (Early): March 5, 2023
EARLY entry fees:
Florida CraftArt member: $25 for up to 5 works
Nonmember: $35 for up to 5 works
Submission deadline (Late): March 31, 2023
LATE entry fees:
Florida CraftArt member: $35 for up to 5 works
Nonmember: $45 for up to 5 works
College Students and Artists in Residence fees: $15
Notification of acceptance via email: Week of April 5
Selected artwork due at Florida CraftArt: April 21-25, 2023
Reception and award announcements: Friday, May 5, 2023
People’s Choice Award: June 24, 2023
Art Pick-up: June 25, 26, 2023
For general exhibition information or questions related to the call to artists, contact: Elizabeth Brinklow and Mary Childs at [email protected]
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
Do you know someone or a business that would like to sponsor this exhibition?
Please call Katie Deits at 727-821-7391 or email [email protected].
This exhibition is possible with grants and sponsorship from:
1. Up to 5 pieces completed after January 2018 may be submitted.
2. All formats of fine craft art will be considered, including wall-hung, free-standing, suspended or pedestal mounted and art to wear.
3. All work must be original in concept, design and execution. Small production studio work will be considered. Work created in a class, workshop, or from a kit or purchased pattern is not eligible.
4. Work must be for sale.
5. No substitutions for accepted artwork will be allowed. All work must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibit June 24, 2023.
Instructions and Entry Forms
PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE INSTRUCTIONS ON IMAGE LABELING, ATTACHING THE IMAGES, ETC.
Richard Gottlieb says
Awesome idea for a art show!! Good luck!